As there has been a sharp increase in the context of global digitalization, the students and learners are now being exposed to the concept of e-learning. The e-learning and online course monitoring tools make it easier to leverage the power of multimedia. Along with graphics and illustrations, the e-learning courses also include music, narration, videos, and screencast tutorials.
There has been a tremendous shift in the learning pattern and more and more learners are now embracing the audio and video e-learning for the purpose. Learners are now more engaged to audios, podcasts, videos and other multimedia assets for gaining knowledge.
Multimedia learning has a lot of advantages that can be summed up in a checklist.
- The learners tend to interact more through a digitalized learning process than the conventional learning process.
- This mode of learning tends to grasp the attention much easier than the conventional mode thereby increasing the enthusiasm within the learners to learn more.
- The audiences tend to focus more on the subject and thus are engaged in the topics more through audio and video e-learning.
- This technique gives freedom in the hands of the learners which enables them to access the chapters or the lectures from anywhere and at any time and of course, from any device like their own desktop or mobile phones.
The advantages of device-friendly platforms offered by multimedia learning concept
Multimedia learning offers a device friendly platform which gives power to the hands of the learners. This supports helps the learners a great deal including:
- Provision of flexibility to the learners – Gadgets like mobiles, tablets, and laptops enables learners to access study materials anytime and from anywhere thus eliminating their confinement to the classrooms.
- Collaborative learning – This brings in the concept of collaborative learning where learners can collaborate in an online chat platform and share, access and discuss the audio and video e-learning materials and mutually benefit from it.
- Higher completion rates and effective retention – The content presented in the device platforms is chunk-sized and concise. An immense flexibility is offered to the learners by the bite-sized content in device learning and this enables learners to complete courses faster than through the conventional modes.
- Enhanced engagement – As per the current research, a higher rate of engagement is witnessed when courses are offered using the portable devices.
- Performance support – Learners are offered modes of learning that are unobtrusive which creates a learning habit that would bring in a higher quality of performance result. When the learners get capable enough to reach out to and retrieve their just-in-time information easily, their learning experience is facilitated.
- Provision of a learning path – Device based reminders, organizers, and updates on the courses help learners to resume their course easily, without unlearning previous content. The learning path thus established through audio and video e-learning is more continuous and personalized.
The use of audio and video e-learning when coupled with suitable instructional methods and solid content helps largely in influencing the learning procedures. Thus, this advanced digital technique profits the learners with better end results and productive experiences.