Risk Taking – It’s all about seizing opportunities
Risk taking is the act of involving in a difficult task or decision where there is potential risk for failure or uncertainty. Most of the leaders develop skills like charisma, inspiring others, etc. but risk taking behaviour is something that individualizes a leader from the others. Certain people take risks while others walk away, what are the factors determine who will take risks? Studies reveal that willingness to take risks, seeing risks as opportunities, personality characteristics, and emotional intelligence is some of them. To be successful as a leader there is an inherent need to take risks.
- Do you find it difficult take decisions in crucial situations?
- Do you like to understand characteristics that promote risk taking behaviour?
- Is there a difficulty in viewing risks as opportunities?
- Do you like to seize the critical situations to your favour?
- Do you want to make your journey as a leader impactful?
- Do you wish to be prepared for potentially risky situations?
- Do you wish to develop the ability to take risks to create an edge in your job?
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then Risk taking – It’s all about seizing opportunities is just for you.
The main focus of the program is to help employees understand the importance of risk taking and it’s helpfulness in organizational excellence. The program explains how risk taking becomes crucial and essential at times and points out necessary qualities to engage in risk taking acts.
Risk taking – It’s all about seizing opportunities is based on experiential learning using online pre-work, engaging facilitation, and online follow-up to create a personalized learning experience. Based on best practices, program points the need of effective risk taking behaviour to the individual and organizational growth.
- Gaining a perspective on the important steps in risk taking
- Knowing about the various qualities that favour risk taking
- Being able to view risks as opportunities
- Understanding the personality characters of effective risk takers
- Knowing the different self-skills promote risk taking
- Understanding to deal with ambiguous situations
|Session Name||Brief Overview|
|Introductions||Participants are introduced to the entire structure of the course and their commitment reaffirmed.|
|Case study||Describing a situation that exhibits effective risk taking behaviors.|
|3 step process||Gaining a perspective of three basic steps of risk taking.|
|Changing the view||Viewing risks as an opportunity to grow and instilling a willingness to engage in risk taking behavior.|
|Trait play||Getting a hang of different personality traits that promote risk taking behaviours.|
|Emotional Intelligence||Importance of emotions and handling them in a effective way for risk management.|
|Self-esteem and confidence||Faith in ability of oneself naturally increases ones engagement in risk taking behavior.|
|Understanding self||Being well-informed about personal strengths and weakness, also knowing possible threats and options available through SWOT.|
|Risk management model||This model focuses on different steps in managing risks and talks about tactfully identifying and assessing risks, ways to control it and evaluating the process.|