Many multinational organizations spend extensive amount of money on internal and external team building activities so that team members can build a strong bond with their team members personally and professionally.
Team building makes use of various activities which helps to motivate and encourage employees. You can’t anticipate that your team can perform on its own. These team building activities help employees to groom themselves as an individual as well as a team member also helps the team to perform their best to increase the overall performance.
Team building activities are of utmost importance to any organization as it helps to strengthen the bond between the employees. Employees come from different places and with varied perspective they need to trust each other and should work as a single unit.
It is not an easy task to bring together employees and extract the best from them. Organization should plan some team building activities from time to time in order to encourage the team. It helps to communicate effectively which in turn reduces conflicts and misunderstanding within the team.
Team building training is very important for employees so that they can develop team skills. Training’s can help them to define a common goal and how they can achieve the goal with less efforts while working together.
The objective of these team building training’s are
- Establish effective process within the team
- Identify strengths and weakness as a team
- Appreciate team skills and dynamics
- Communicating effectively within the team
- Encouraging healthy conflicts
- Bringing the best within oneself as a team
Team leader plays a key role in binding his team together. Team building should focus on bringing in more suggestions from the team members. Leader should motivate team members to share their responsibilities among themselves and should encourage effective listening among the team members and outside the team also.
Training must be flexible as every team is different and should also take learner’s perspective into consideration.
The main components of team building training includes
- Team health checkup before planning any activity
- Team should understand the purpose of the training and expectation from their end should be clear
- Understanding the power of effective communication and team leadership
- Role of a leader in a team
- Identifying team process and seeking ideas to develop on them
- Understanding team difference and learn how to make most from it
- Team building activities and games to improve specific workplace issues
- Individual action statements at the end of the day
Team building can also be achieved through regular team discussions, brainstorming sessions and get together where everyone is treated equally and has the right to come forward and put their thoughts and ideas.
Without a proper team bonding, the very basis of the team is missing somewhere. Thus, it is very beneficial for an organization to promote team building as much as possible and make sure that their employees are happy to collaborate with each professionally.
Families fall apart if they lack bonding, same is the case with organizations and teams. If there is no bonding between the team members, organizations can’t achieve what they are intended to do. Team building will help to build whole team while developing an individual.