Women are known to contribute significantly in business. While women living in different parts of the developed countries have the role of mentors and decision makers, gender discrimination remains a draining social issue in many parts of the world, where women are often disturbingly affected by poverty, discrimination, and other forms of sensitive exploitations. In any developing nation, sustainable economic growth is unimaginable without women empowerment, and measures for gender inclusion is the motivating force of social progress and economic growth. Working women have a huge contribution to health, education and wellness and therefore achieving gender equality is essential to broad developments.
Ways to Empower Women for Sustainable Development
As issues of women’s empowerment gain motion, nations across the globe are implementing unbelievable measures to reduce the gender gap and promote economic equality. Although many may argue that women have made much progress in becoming empowered, there is still much to be done. Here are some ways in which we can go beyond and empower women across the globe to achieve the opportunities they are authorized to :
- Global Leadership Goals – As leaders, women regularly challenge conventional foresight in their approach to leadership. Research suggests that the most powerful and appealing analogy of women leaders is the hope that they will bring significant change. When a woman becomes a senior leader, people begin to believe that other more essential and less significant changes are also possible.
- Empower Women Entrepreneurs in Developing Countries – Business enterprises have empowered women in developing countries by strengthening their decision-making in the household and the society. Women have actively taking part in the entrepreneurial work but, most of them are still short of good job opportunities and resources to get a better-paid job. Providing women with leadership opportunities and making them a part of decision making contributes significantly in achieving women empowerment.
- Teach Business Skills to Women – Business training can increase performance and reform motivation, success, trust, and awareness of women entrepreneurs. Teaching women business skills is beneficial in maintaining a business and in developing new ones.
- Encourage More Women to Take On the Job Training – There is much need to encourage more women to take trainings, especially in male dominated businesses and to achieve such changes, support structures for women should include mentors, networks and female-friendly workplaces.
- Better Work environment for Women – Better career development guidance and support for women is much needed. Getting women managers to senior executive level can partially be achieved by women taking more responsibility or control for their own career development. However, alone, that is not enough so, organizations need to take a decisive, independent role in creating a better organizational culture for women.
- More Job Opportunities For Women – Apart from being important contributors to financial and social development women need to have access to equal job opportunities. Equal rights schemes can invest significantly in increasing decent jobs and public policies, reinforcing growth and development.
- Invest in Women’s Entrepreneurial Ideas – By investing in women’s education and providing them with creative opportunities, the unequal pay gap can be excluded from the socio-economic scene, encouraging women to increase their participation in the industry.
- Taking Action Against Unpaid Labour Work – Many underrated groups, including rural women and domestic workers, are often denied economic independence and many times their labors go unconsidered by society. With empowerment policies attempting to raise the incomes of women, resources can be properly managed to eliminate the issue and women can be encouraged to research and utilize their potential.
- Mentoring Women Professionally and Personally – To eradicate the problem from the root levels, gender-specific economic policies should be formed. To help women complete their entrepreneurial goals and develop them as leaders, mentoring programmes should adopt a more comprehensive approach wherein both personal and the professional aspects are protected.
- Closing Thoughts – The women empowerment programmes are investing amply in the welfare and empowerment of women, encouraging women to break free from their traditional roles and do away with gender conventions.
There are several ways of achieving women empowerment across the globe and the above mentioned suggestions are only to name a few. The empowerment of women and the improvement of their social, political, economic and health status is an important objective for the achievement of sustainable development. To keep pace with the changing global fashion and fulfill viable development goals, it’s time to go beyond and search alternative programmes for advocating equal opportunities for women and promoting financial totality. Various policies are required that will improve women’s access to protect livelihoods and economic resources, lighten their household responsibilities, remove legal barriers and boost social awareness through effective programmes of education and media.