While learning clearly refers to the courses involved and the study materials along with other activities associated with it, developmental learning and learning development is a slightly upgraded term in the learning dictionary.
This program focuses on the skill or knowledge gaps of an employee, compares that with the requirements of the firm, judges the potential of the employee and implements measures required to overcome the deficits.
Types of training and activities involved:
Learning development trainings involve systematic and scientific procedures that ultimately aids in enhancing and improving the overall performance of the business firm.
Trainings can be offered within the firm or can be referred to professional organisations that offer certification courses in this field.
The activities involved in this are:
- Assessments: There are minimum two assessments held and the maximum number is decided by the organising members depending upon the requirements and the course model. The first and mandatory assessment is a procedure to find out current skills of the particular employee and identify the strengths and the areas that have the potential to be improved. While there can be small examinations held in the middle of the course, the last one is also very important and vital. The assessment that is carried out at the end of the training certifies the level of improvement sited after the training has been successfully imparted.
- Workshops: Different kinds of interactive workshops can be arranged that will provide an impetus to the employees within the company to work more and for the better prospect of the company and in turn the individual. This procedure is basically a way push learning a little away from boredom amidst the monotony of work life, which many of us have already experienced. Workshops designed for such a training purpose needs a lot of scientific thinking to bring a productive outcome. After all, this is a way of making learning a fun job and at the same time gaining the best of training offered.
- Open forum discussions: Different issues and topics can be discussed as a part of the open forum discussions with the motive of imparting proper learning development training to the employees of the business firm. This also offers an opportunity to share views with important delegates of the organization, which is a way of identifying potentials and harnessing strengths for future use.
- Seminars: Seminars form an important part of the training procedure. Recognised professionals from various fields offer lectures followed by the question and answer round. This activity is highly informative as they originate directly from the minds of experienced professionals.
- Suggestion rounds: These rounds aim at individual counselling and suggestions that are person oriented. They vary from employee to employee depending on the performance throughout the training procedure. The response is rated and suggestions on modes to attain improvements are discussed.
- Evaluation rounds and results: Evaluation rounds and results refer to the final footsteps of the training. The beneficial part of this training is that there is always a room for improvement whatever be the result of the individual.