Assessment tools are a set of questions that are used to conduct online exam or test on a cloud or web-based platform that includes recording, administration and reporting requirements.
What is it for businesses?
According to Aberdeen Group Study, “when tools used effectively, they can have big impact on KPIs, such as hiring managers’ satisfaction, performance, employee retention and engagement.”
Organizations can make use of such assessment tools to select potential candidates in a recruitment drive and appraise existing employees. Also, HR managers can make such pre-employment test to assess the candidates for technical skills such as language, IT, MS office suite.
- Faster and smoother recruitment. The decision-making process for speeding up the recruitment process by using such tools as they (a) provides HR professionals with data about applicants’ personalities, skills, work ethics and cognitive abilities and (b) lowering the cost of hiring and reducing hiring time.
- Improved employee productivity. The results of online tests which are taken are saved automatically on the cloud, so the reports can be checked afterwards whenever required. The employee can check and compare past and current test results which will help employees to improve their performances.
- Knowledge retention. Managers can conduct training online on the new concept or operation launched by the company, and then do a post-training assessment to evaluate how much training knowledge have the employees retained. Conducting engaging post-training evaluation result in increased employee performance.
Factors to consider when choosing an assessment tool
There are various assessment tools present today, but you can choose the suitable one by looking at the characteristics of tool and requirement of the business. But, before that, consider the following factors:
- Easy to understand instructions. Instructions help the candidates to get familiar with the basic structure and content of assessment tool. This area should be given more attention as this will help you to understand how you can make the tool more interactive.
- Accessibility. Online assessment tools have preset passwords and accounts which can be set to offer protection for the online assessment content that you make. Candidates then get the chance to enroll themselves online to take the assessment. In that way, the individuals who are approved only can take the online assessment. Other than that, the employer can set hosting limitations too.
- Result release. The best online assessment frameworks are those which permit the user to set their own time period with respect to the results, as in, set them for timed release or immediate release. For example, for those assessments and appraisals that comprise of objective questions, the complete score can be automatically determined when the test is finished.
- Customization. A good appraisal tool should take into consideration customizations according to the client’s necessities. A highly adaptable tool provides selection of formats, question types, logo, background themes and multimedia add-ons which gives appraisals a personality.
Online assessment tools have various choices for Online testing. They make the whole evaluation process smooth and simple with simple creation, distribution, and evaluation. It has enough advantages for the two organizations and educators that they can pull off at whatever point they like.