Any team reporting into the organization needs to undergo training so that it completely understands the duties, roles and responsibilities. The key areas that a human resource team investigates is to ensure that there is satisfactory employee engagement, improved employee standards and increased employee retention. Since the HR team deals with sensitive information of the employees, it is imperative to know that compliance may fail at times.
The human resources team of any organization are typically the brand ambassadors of the firm in the employment market. They often are the brand custodians of the firm and most of the employees look up to them in view to upskill. The human resources department plays a pivotal role in defining the culture. Having a well-trained human resource specialist is an assurance that the firm is in good hands and they will ensure a good culture always prevail in the organization.
A well-trained HR professional will know the nuance and details of each job profile and will be in a better position to cater to the needs of the employees at all levels. Most of the critical business decision like hiring and firing are taken care-
Here are a few competencies that each HR should possess, the following should be covered in the training program for a HR Manager –
- Communication – An HR Manager should be able to communicate clearly across all levels of the organization. Most of the tough conversations are with the HR, they need to be adapted their communication style to suit different situations and audience.
- Relationship Building – Creating a cohesive HR department that works collaboratively to achieve the goals of the department and to develop the employees to the fullest is what every HR aspires. The HR often faces problem creating that credibility
- Leadership Skills – Most leadership teams are part of creating strategic plans at the organizational level. They are required to possess strategic and critical thinking when it comes to devising roll out plans for the entire organization
If these broadly bucketed competencies are developed within them, they will be able to handle the organization in a better fashion
Since employee development is increasingly becoming a priority in today’s organization. Additionally, modern businesses require workers who are adept at a variety of things. Soft skills training is also an area where most HR needs to focus and help employees unleash their creativity and complex problem-solving to navigate through unforeseen challenges. It is critical for businesses to see what an important role the soft skills training can do
Here are a few advantages of enabling the HR into training of the employees
- Better Productivity – Well trained employees prove to be more efficient in their work dealings
- Improved employee morale – Training helps the employee in multiple aspects like job security which in turn aids in building job satisfactions a result, there is less absenteeism
- Declined Supervision – A trained employees are aware of the job outcomes expected, will require lesser supervision as compared to the folks who are newer to the system
Most organizations look at training and development as an integral part of the human resource development activity. Many organizations have mandated training hours per year for employees keeping in consideration the fact that technology is deskilling the employees at a very fast rate. It is essential that the need of training must come up from within, that’s when there will be complete buy-in